Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Halloween Pinterest Fail! Nailed it!

So I saw this awesome venus fly trap on Pinterest for Halloween .......



I so wanted to recreate it, and it looked simple enough. The site explained the method and materials very clearly. I can so do this, I told myself. Though, I wouldn't be able to find the pumpkin head very easily. So I decided I would paper mache something up. As I layered upon layered gluey newspaper strips onto a halloween lantern from the Hot Dollar shop I was starting to think, why have I chosen such a silly way to do this project? It  must have been the fogging brain taking over as the flu crept upon me.  I soldiered on, and created this.....



No stem, no pot plant base. It does look scary but for all the wrong reasons. I had to prop the mouth open with something otherwise the mouth would close and it would look like nothing at all. One day I will make something awesome for Halloween...one day!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha, we've all been there. Thinking Pinterest crafts are doable is such a high expectation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...